2015년 12월 17일 목요일

Final Reflections


1. Do you feel like your writing has improved this semester? Why or why not? In what ways has it improved? In what ways do you want to continue improving your writing?
-Yes, my writing ability has been much better. Before taking this class, I had no motivation to write formal essay that I have done in this class. Through this class, however, I could learn how to write formal essay including the thesis statement and topic sentences. Moreover, I realized that whenever I write something in English, I try to keep the writing structure that I have learned in this class. I want to continue improving my writing ability by taking ‘Advanced English Writing and Presentation’ by Kyle next semester.
 
2. Do you feel like your reading comprehension skills have improved this semester? Why or why not? In what ways have they improved? In what ways do you want to continue improving your reading skills?
-Yes, I think my reading comprehension skills have been improved this semester. Through this class, I had chance to read English textbook once every two weeks so it leads to improving the speed of reading and the abilities of catching the key word and grasping the main idea. And it is good for me to keep reading english material as much as I can.
 
3. In what other areas do you think you have improved during the semester (grammar, speaking, vocabulary, confidence, etc.)? In what areas do you still need to continue improving? What will you do in order to improve in those areas?
-I am weak in speaking what I think by english fluently. Through this class, however, there were many chances for me to communicate with partners in English. Therefore, I just guess that my english speaking ability has gotten better in a degree. However, I hope to improve my english speaking ability still now. To upgrade english speaking ability, I plan to go to English language institute teaching for speaking in english in this winter vacation.
 
4. Was this the first time you kept a blog? Did you enjoy blogging? Was blogging a helpful way to practice writing? Did you enjoy reading your classmates' blogs? Do you think you will continue blogging in the future?
-This is not the first time for me to run a blog. Frankly speaking, I choose getting to sleep more rather than blogging because I have no enough free time. It is a little bit troublesome work. However, it is helpful way to practice writing by uploading posts on the blog. Actually, I didn’t enjoy reading our classmates’ blogs. If I have enough time to enjoy my life, I am willing to run a blog well.
 
5. What did you learn this semester? What do you want to learn in future semesters?
-As I mentioned above, I learned how to write well-organized formal essay through this class. I found out that I pay attention to write interesting hook, strong thesis statements listing key points, topic sentences, paraphrasing and beyond. In next semester, I plan to take the class named ‘Advanced English Writing and Presentation’.
 
6. What were some of the best and/or worst aspects of this course? Would you recommend this course to others? Why or why not?
-Actually, I am very satisfied with this course. I love professor’s teaching style. I will recommend this class to others who want to improve their english writing skills because I could learn so many things mentioned before through this class.
 
7. Please share any other thoughts about the semester.
-Even if it was difficult to upload several posts and write 2 essays, I am really sure that my writing ability in english has been improved. Thank you for your careful teaching, letting me making my own cyber space and providing me for opportunity to run blog regularly. Hope for your nice vacation and see you next semester!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기